Clean Eating Carmel Popcorn

I was finishing up the dishes after a long day of cleaning, painting and organizing the house when I saw this post from a fellow challenger!  She made clean eating Carmel popcorn!  It was like a dream come true!  I was trying to talk myself out of getting ice cream but I needed something to curb my sweet tooth!  The Steeler's game was on and I just needed a good crunch!  I have the worst sweet tooth ever and so I find that I need ways to keep it in check!  My husband definately turned up his nose with this one but it was really good!  I mean REALLY REALLY GOOD!  So good that I had to throw half of it away so I wouldn't over indulge!!!

I got this recipe from the Gracious Pantry website.  This woman has the most amazing recipes and this was a great snack!!  But as always you still have to remember that just because it's clean doesn't mean you can eat the whole batch.  It still has honey and almond butter which are good fats and sugar but they are still fat and sugar!  So mind your portion sizes and make sure it is a cheat snack which means it should not occur every evening as a late night snack!!!  :)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
8-10 cups popped popcorn

Directions:
In a small pot, warm the honey on high heat. Bring it to a boil. Let it boil up in the pot about 1 inch and then quickly remove from heat.  Stir in nut butter with a whisk and whisk until smooth. Should be “pourable”. Pour over the popcorn and mix with a spoon. The mixture is hot, so don’t be tempted to mix with your hands. I learned that the hard way (Duh!!).  Let it all sit and cool.I ate it warm but as it cooled off it was even yummier!!!
date night watching "The help" after the game!

Labels: